Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.Pablo Picasso
End the year with reflection. Contemplate and commit to change with new resolutions. What went well last year? What will I do differently this year? What are all the experts saying about trends? Every year, we make predictions about what will be – and there’s nothing wrong with that. As humans, that’s what we do – make predictions amidst uncertainty.
After reading an article on what experts say are the top technology trends in 2021, I found myself asking these ten questions (admittedly, with somewhat general, ubiquitous themes) to keep top of mind that will likely continue to be part of our ongoing package of problems-to-solve in our ever-evolving techno-socio-politico-economic landscape.
- [Communication] How do we connect better, even though we’re physically apart?
- [Automation] How do we automate the ordinary so we can focus on the extraordinary?
- [Work/Life] How do we bring our ideas of what work is, feels like, and looks like up to speed with the 21st century?
- [Mixed Reality] How do we best leverage mixed reality technologies as part of our ongoing, regular reality?
- [Data/Security] How do we share data and information better and more securely going forward?
- [Media] How do we re-establish trust in the truth when looking to communications and media channels?
- [Product] How do we craft more meaningful and useful products and services that people actually need?
- [Health] How can we better bring into focus our own physical and mental health as well as the health of our one and only planet?
- [Finance] How do we make how we manage money and pay for things even more seamless?
- [CX/EX] How will we go from merely transacting to truly engaging with customers and employees?
The space between business and personal is narrower than ever before. Integrating life and work – in the right ways – is more important than ever.
How will you craft what you do in your business and how you do it differently from this point forward?
(Photo by Marc-Olivier Jodoin on Unsplash)